Tuesday, January 31, 2006

St. Augustine, W., and 17 more days

OMG!....Let me tell ya! St Augustine was WONDERFUL! As most of you know I took the 7 hour drive from Athens, GA to St Augustine, FL this weekend so that I could go on a date w/ long time friend, W. (Does that make me completely pathetic that I would travel that far for a date...ah...who cares.) Not to sound like Tony the Tiger or nothin' but....IT WAS GRRRREEEAAATTTT! We were both just curious to see what would happen if we went on a date, so we agreed to give it a try and since I was looking for a reason to get out of the state and to somewhere warmer, we decided that I would go visit him at his company condo on the beach in St. Augustine. It was BEAUTIFUL! The beach was cool, breezy, and enjoyable to be on. Especially when you had someone to share it with. I really wasn't expecting anything from this weekend. Just a little fun and whatever else happened, w/ no strings attached and knowing that no matter what, if all else failed, we'd still be close friends as always. However, I come home hoping that things will eventually become more than that. We didn't make any commitments before I left, but agreed that we would leave it open and just let things happen as they may and just see where it goes from here. We shall see I suppose, but I'm really hoping.

Scary thing is, I came home after this weekend behaving like a HS girl w/ a major crush (which is something that I have NEVER done). I was even freakin' giggling. GIGGLING!...ME?! I NEVER giggle. It was scary in a way but OMG! I wouldn't change it for the world. B. says I make her want to pull her hair and scream ,"Gag me w/ a spoon" b/c I sound like such a sap. L. just laughed at me and didn't really say much. She hasn't really heard as much of it as B. has, but enough that she knows what all has happened and what's going on. B. is just all up in the sh*t I guess you could say, b/c she's the one that I will typically talk to about it. L. and I are usually talking about her drama, she tends to keep enough of it to hold a complete conversation and make me forget what I was going to talk about..lol. Plus, L. usually just wants the basics where B. wants all the nitty gritty juicy details. There were plenty to be had on this trip and should be interesting to see what happens the next time. Can't say that R. has been really overjoyed about the whole thing. He got kinda down in the dumps about it, but I can't keep hiding and with-holding things b/c I think it might hurt him. That's not good for either of us. He has to start letting go and moving on more than he has. We can stay friends no problem, that will be fine, but a relationship is out of the question at this point. I have two rules for any relationship. 1.) Communication is KEY, w/o it there is no relationship, and 2.) Don't cheat on me. If you wanna mess around w/ someone else at least have the decency to break up w/ me first. Doesn't seem like much to ask I would think, but for some reason I haven't found a guy yet that has been able to stick to my rules.

*Sigh* Oh well. Maybe things will progress w/ W. and he'll be able to. If not....he can hit the curb just as quick as the rest of them. I think that he and I already have the communication thing down. We're both blunt and out spoken and for the most part feel free to say whatever is on our mind to the other. We always have. I guess that comes from the fact that we grew up together. And he typically has the same philosophy on relationships as I do. "Window shopping is one thing, but that doesn't mean that you can buy the merchandise." Time will tell. I'm hopeful though, but I don't know what he's thinking at this point. I think he's afraid to start a relationship b/c it would be a long distance one b/c he's always on the road and never knows where he's going to be from one week to the next and when he might have a day or weekend off. That is one of his major barriers right now. But that's just me speculating. I on the other hand don't have a problem w/ long distance relationships. I think that if you can make it through the long distance stuff there's a better chance that the relationship will be a strong one. And it just makes the time that you do have together all the more sweet.

Before I close though, I would like to post a reminder that it's only 17 more days until my B-day. Don't forget to buy me a shot (or at least have one in my honor)!

1 comment:

patience said...

17 MORE DAYS! WOOOO!!! I'M GONNA GET YOUR FUUUUUCKED UP!!!!