Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Children Will Be Children

As we can all see B. is enciting a riot here...lol. B. thinks she knows me better than R. does and he thinks he knows me better than B. does and I just think they both bring out a different part of me that they know and the other doesn't get to see as much of.

B., well let's just say she has a tendency to bring out the wild side of me. The side that I often forget is there or that I ever had. That can sometimes be a little scary but I think she also brings out that driving force of realization that says, "You ain't gettin' any younger and you really don't think you'll do this sh*t when you're 80 do ya? You're young and single and now is the time to get it done."

R. tends to bring out some of the softer sides of me. R. has helped me over the years to come to a lot of realizations and helps keep me grounded. I think that is part of the reason that after everything that has happened we have remained friends. He's a good center for me. When things have been at their worst for me the last 7-8 years R. has been there to help ground me and pull me out of whatever hole I found myself in. When things went wrong and I found myself in a major depression he was the one that helped me get off my meds. When my nephew got ran over he was there to calm me and help me when I freaked out afterwards and through everything that has ensued since. Through all the flashbacks and so forth....all the sucky crap he has helped me get through.

Now over the years B. has been there and shoved me through a lot when she was here. I think we both missed a HUGE chunk of each others life in the last 5 years or so since HS. But just as B. has helped me over the years, R. has likewise pulled, coaxed, and encouraged me through so much as well. HUMMMM...seems I find myself in a predicament. Two ppl that are really important in my life don't see eye to eye and in all honesty neither of them cares much at all for the other. Separating friends really makes things hard. WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?! All I can say is that you are both going to have to build a bridge and get over it. Deal w/ it b/c I am not giving up one for the other. You're both my friends whether you like each other or not. It's not a competition, I love ya both. I know you were both very much joking around....but I also know enough of you both to know that there was a lot of seriousness in those jabs as well....So make nice and stop bickering.

BTW B. the piercer doesn't count. You said drunk and flashing..lol. I still don't even think I'll see drunk. Tipsy maybe...drunk...I doubt. We shall see but I am hoping that R. doesn't have to bow down to you b/c.....well...you know me.

So we have the weekend set. You both will get your perspective time..lol. *rolling eyes and shaking head* Sat. after I have time w/ my mom and have made a few needed rounds I will be at your house B. and we shall ensue w/ making your vanilla boyfriend very nervous. Sun. we go to church and out to eat w/ my rentals and then I will make sure you and A. get back home ok. Then I will go back home and make another needed round either to my adopted brother's house to see his new baby or go see my nephews and grab a few things (whichever doesn't get done on Sat.) and then I am off to dinner that night w/ R. See....we can do this and no one is hogging me. Besides, you will both be coming up to visit me soon on your chosen weekend. Just keep me posted on progress.

So as Amy Grant once sang, "Children behave....."

Love you both!

~L

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:P Thats all I have to say :D

patience said...

well, i was just playing around and i was not being serious at all. apparently r. was. SO, i will just refrain from speaking to r.

some people just have that dynamic in their "relationship." R. and i can only have a playful banter type of friendship since, as you said, we don't like each other. but as i told you, you are grown and you do what you want. he's your buddy so i accept it and play nice.

this blog appeared to me like someone is wanting to have the upper hand in all things. i'm grown and R. is grown (though by the above comment, you cannot tell) just like you are. you cannot referree our conversations. if R. wants to make underhanded comments then you will just have to let him. i have heard much worse than he can think up. trust me. (and no, you don't know) quite frankly i am going to turn it around as a joke b/c his actual opinion does not matter to me (as mine does not matter to him).

you want us to get along and play nice? then you will just have to deal with the fact that R. and i get along best when we can dog on each other a little bit. no one is getting their feelings hurt but you. and ya know what? it's not about you.

Anonymous said...

Just wanting you to know B. If your gonna start into someone...get the whole story first. There was a reason fir the post that you dont know about.

It's not about her. It's about me. There is a whole series of events that unfolded that brought about the post...not just her "refereeing" the comments.

Anonymous said...

Just as a clarification. I was having an extremly bad day and just thought that the world was against me. I took the post to mean more than it did and then kindof just went off into my world. Thats why the post was made.

patience said...

How about this R? Don't take your bad day out on me. I am only so nice before I stop giving a shit if I hurt your feelings.