Friday, September 15, 2006

Update

Ok, so we all know that consistency has never really been my forte. I never claimed it was. But I am here once again to spill out what I can and see what I can come up w/ out of what I have. Typically it ain't much but hey, I deal w/ what I got.

This weekend nothing is really going on. Hopefully I can drag my friend, i, into some trouble. I am sure that we can go hiking at the river or something. There is a game in town this weekend so I am sure that it will be slammed in town and almost not worth the trouble of even setting foot out the door in that general direction. Who knows. Basically, it's just me at home. Might be nice for a change.

Next weekend B was supposed to come but plans change, as usual. A. has a Dr. appointment in Atl and she was going to stay w/ me so that she wouldn't have to get up early to get there and wouldn't have to drive back same say and what not. But understandably B's mom wants to go, so she won't be coming. Disappointing but understandable. However, she knows that her mom is welcome to come and stay at the house as well, and I have told her that many times, but I guess they would rather do it their own way. NP, I tend to do the same. Last time I was home I had my oil changed and other matainence done on my car. In the process they were supposed to put new wipers on my car as well but they forgot. B. was going to bring those to me when she came but since she isn't coming I had to find someone else who was coming up this way.

Who else would there be to come to my rescue, as always, R. He's going to bring them to me so that I can see worth diddley in the rain. It's actually been raining a good bit up here so that might come in handy. This will be the second time he has had to do that. The first time was when my grandmother died. But R. has to come up next weekend for an interview anyway so I guess it all worked out. He wasn't going to stay w/ me if B. was coming b/c they don't exactly get along but since she won't be able to come he's comin' up and we'll hang out some. He and I have some things to talk through anyway. I think that he's finally facing some harsh realities that he had been denying, which is good but I know it's really hard for him. He is still an awesome friend to have. He reads me better than anyone I have ever known and usually knows my moods before I ever realize them. I do realize that our relationship my not me as healthy as it should be b/c of the obvious circumstances but we are still the best of friends. Some people have issues w/ the fact that we are still such close friends but that's their beef, not mine. If anyone has a reason to hold a grudge against him it's me, but why damn myself that way. I understand that my friends don't care for him b/c of what he did to me, and B. isn't the only one, but it doesn't mean it's not wrong. Oh well, who am I to change their minds. But that's just me venting from over stress and working too much so if you are reading this and get pissy b/c of something I said, don't take it to heart. This blog is for me to get it off my chest, at least for a while. If you happen on it and feel guilty for something I have said, it's apparently something you need to look at and figure out why you feel guilty. Don't come bitching to me able it.

I talked to R.'s old roommate S. the other day. It's been a while since we have talked b/c I felt a little betrayed. I can't say that we're all buddy buddy again, but at least we're on speaking terms. To be honest w/ ya I've missed talking to him and bitching about things w/ him. Our monthly bitch sessions always were the greatest.

Things are SOOOOOO much better at school this year, well at least staff wise anyway. Student wise we have some bumpy areas to work out but nothing major. Hopefully, we will have a workshop soon on interpreter use. Once we have had that I think that some of the other hearing staff might get it a little better. I look forward to that. It never ceases to amaze me how little the hearing world knows and understands about Deafness. Usually, it's just common sense stuff. As I've said before, common sense is not so common.

Anyway, I don't know what else there is to tell. Everything has just been the same old boring mundane stuff I guess. Which I am not complaining about! So until next time, just be patient and I'll keep you posted when there's something to tell.

No comments: