Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Weekend

OK, before I start let me do some house keeping. When I type something out and at some point state that the words I type are not being said in anger, malice, or anything that would at all be negative, I mean it. I didn't mean it in a bad way. However, some people still read it as such and then try to come to me mad and all up in arms about it. I am sorry if you have misread something I wrote as being negative, pissy, bitchy, or as directed at you. Believe me when I tell you that if I have a problem w/ you or something you have done, I will tell you about it. Usually if it's posted here it's something I have already talked to you about and just want to vent. However, the last blog had nothing said in it that was in anyway meant to be directed at anyone as a derogatory remark. The last blog was written as a way for me to just sit down and put down the things that were in my mind. This is after all my world. I never said that what goes on in my head makes sense. I just hate it when every time I type something on here someone comes back all pissed off. If you can't read what I type and know that it's just something that's in my head and that I don't have a problem, concern, or an issue w/ you, or that what I have typed is not necessarily directed at you or something that is negative or directed towards you, then DON'T READ MY BLOG! I know that I tend to let myself get over stressed and over worked quite frequently. I also know that when I am over stressed and over worked, if you don't know me, everything that come from me can be misunderstood and construed as being bitchy. But, if you know me, you know that is not the case. But if you feel that it was the case then I tend to think that either you read it on a day that you were in a bad mood yourself or you feel guilty about what you read in some way b/c you feel that it somehow applies to you. If the latter is the case then it's something you are going to have to make amends w/ yourself. So again, I am sorry if at any point any of you have read something and thought that I was being bitchy or jeering things at you from here. But again I say, believe me when I tell you that unless you refuse to talk to me I would come to you about any problem before it would see the light of day on here.

That being said, let me move on to brighter things....

This past weekend was much more than I really expected. It was a good weekend though. Friday night I went to a concert. The girl that I mentor, SM, offered up a couple of tickets to a concert that was going on at the Ga. Theatre. It was really good. A band called Rusted Root played. They really were amazing. She had won 2 sets of tickets on the radio and offered i and me the other two tickets. We took her up on it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The band combined so many different styles of music and so many different instruments that I was truly drawn into the show just trying to anticipate what would come next. I had a blast. I didn't get home until after 2am.

Many of you also know that I've never been one to really care for football. I have always said that the best part of a football game is the halftime show w/ the bands. I also ended up going to a UGA game Saturday. L dragged me to the game b/c she wanted to go but didn't want to sit alone. SM had a couple of tickets that she wasn't going to be able to use so L and I bought them and went to the game. It was my first UGA game and I will have to admit that I wouldn't mind going to another one. Traffic SUCKED but other than that......OMG. I think that L has converted me. All I can say is... GOOOOOOOO DAWGS, SIC'EM WOOF WOOF WOOF!

After the game I went and hung out for a while w/ SM and chatted and went to hang w/ some of her friends and grill out and......you'll never guess it.....watch the Fla vs TN game. Gotta know what we're facin' . After that game we watched the Army vs MN( I think it was MN). Either way it was a really close and good game. Army lost at the last min b/c they tried to run it from the 2 yard line. DUH PPL! Throw the frickin' ball. But then again that's something UGA is gonna have to improve upon as well. After the games we watched some Dane Cook, who is always good for a laugh and then headed home. Again I got home around 2am.

After all this I was still able to get up and go to church on Sunday. Don't ask me how I did it. Sunday I basically stayed home and relaxed. It was nice. So all-in-all I'd say I had a good weekend. It's been a while since I have had a weekend that.....exciting I guess you'd say. However, I 'll have to admit I don't think I could do that every weekend. But then again....maybe I could. Definitely something I wouldn't mind trying I suppose.

So the week has started off ok thus far. Monday was just typical. I met SM for our weekly mentoring. She had a rough day. Keep her in your prayers, her aunt died and it's always hard to look a family member. We had a good session though. She learned some things but she's still nervous about going to the immersion weekend. I think she'll be ready for it. I'm excited that she'll be going and wish I could but you can't be of the advanced level and participate. I know the person who is in charge,PF, and she was the one that told me I am too advanced. That made me feel good to hear her say that but I hated it b/c it meant that I wouldn't be able to participate w/ SM. PF did tell me though that if this one was a success that there would be one for advanced students. I can only hope.

Today was nothing major. It wasn't really a busy day or anything. When I leave school I will be heading over to the gym to swim my 1/2 mile. I ordered a dress for a wedding that I am going to in Oct. and I need to be able to fit into it when it gets here. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It's a renaissance masquerade wedding so it should be fun. I am looking forward to it. Now I just have to go home and dig out my old mask or talk to SM about borrowing her's. It's really nice. The mask that she has is white w/ black and red feathers so it should go well w/ my dress. It's an all black dress so I will need a little color.

This is the link to the dress I ordered:
http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/eCat/women_s_clothing/fantasy/clothing/baroness_dress.aspx
So now you know. So if you are going to the wedding you know which one I will be wearing so DON'T ORDER THE SAME DRESS!!! I always did like being the unique one. Now no one has an excuse as to why I can't be..lol. Yea, ok, I know it's wishful thinking but it's my world ok. I like the blissfulness of occasional ignorance. Reality is there for me to face when I wanna.

No comments: