Friday, September 30, 2005

All customs aside....

I finally did it.....

I have been diggin' on a fellow colleague at school for the past few weeks. He's cute, nice, has a goatee, is taller than I am, & has a wonderful sarcastic sense of humor that matches even my own. (You could see why I'm interested.) Generally, I wait for a guy to ask me out...however, my patience was working against me this time so I threw all customs aside. I knew I would be staying in town this weekend and knew that I didn't have any plans so when he came into the lounge this morning I made the usual polite conversation and asked him what he was doing this weekend.

"I am going to go visit my best friend in ATL this weekend. I haven't seen him in a while so I am going to go visit, touch base, have cocktails and all that fun stuff this weekend. Why? What's up," was his reply.

"Well darn, I was going to see if you wanted to go do something, everyone is leaving town this weekend but me and I was wanting to go out."

The conversation continued for a short time there after, but no major progress was made. *sigh* At least I tried. I made the first move, so at least now he knows I am interested I suppose. The ball is in his court now. We shall see what happens. I am not holding my breath for anything but at least I can hold my head up and say I tried. After all the worst he could say is "NO" and he didn't even say that...just said he already had plans.....not exactly the same thing as a NO........................is it?.................................well at least it isn't in my world.

What can I say, I have never really been on the dating scene that much. This is an area that I am not completely familiar w/ and I am still getting a feel for it, testing the water you might say. For once I am not diving in head first and taking my chances....toes first, then the foot, leg, ect.......but it's always coldest at the waist and chest. But knowing me...buy the time it gets to that point I'll just jump off the steps and get it over w/. Oh, wait....we're talking about dating and not swimming....um....well....yea sure...that'll work.

It's finally starting to cool off here. I woke up to 65 degree weather this morning with a high of about 80 degrees. Back home they woke to 75 degree weather w/ a high of 88 degrees. *sigh* It's official, I am going to FREEZE this winter. I have my jacket w/ me today. In the mornings I tend to drive w/ my windows down or cracked a bit. This morning I had to stop and put on my jacket b/c I was cold even w/ only having the windows cracked about an inch. Looks like a long winter w/ only my teddy bears to snuggle w/........*pout*..........Fate can be so cruel.

No comments: